Our BOOK STORE has a large inventory of books about the Polk County area of Oregon, along with museum-made textiles and other treasures.
- Explore our unique historic map that locates the nearly 600 claims of the Donation Land Act (Homesteads) in Polk County
- Learn more about the native Kalapuya tribe that originally occupied Polk County
- Enjoy extensive exhibits of agriculture and logging through the years
- Explore exhibits showcasing 28 townsites that were in Polk County, Oregon, at one time
- Our large collection includes physical, pictorial, and written artifacts from the era of 1842 to 1943
- Our Research Library is well used by historians, writers, family researchers, and genealogists, with knowledgeable staff available to help you
- The Museum is a non-profit organization
- We are funded entirely by memberships, donations, and fundraisers
- We are 100% volunteer staffed with local history buffs and professionals, alike!
We are located at 520 S. Pacific Highway West, Rickreall OR 97371, at the south end of the Polk County Fairgrounds parking lot.
Hours: 1:00-5:00 p.m., Monday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday; closed Sunday and Tuesday
Admission: Adult $3, Senior $2, Student $1, 6 years & over; under, free
Mailing Address: P. O. Box 67, Monmouth OR 97361
MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS ADVANTAGES! Support us by becoming a member! Click Here