- Explore our unique historic map that locates the nearly 600 claims of the Donation Land Act (Homesteads) in Polk County
- Learn more about the native Kalapuya tribe that originally occupied Polk County
- Enjoy extensive exhibits of agriculture and logging through the years
- Explore exhibits showcasing 28 townsites that were in Polk County, Oregon, at one time
- Our large collection includes physical, pictorial, and written artifacts from the era of 1842 to 1943
- Our Research Library is well used by historians, writers, family researchers, and genealogists, with knowledgeable staff available to help you
- The Museum is a non-profit organization
- We are funded entirely by memberships, donations, and fundraisers
- We are 100% volunteer staffed with local history buffs and professionals, alike!
We are located at the south end of the Polk County Fairgrounds parking lot in Rickreall, Oregon. [Google Maps]
Hours and Days We’re Open
- Hours: 1:00-5:00 p.m., Monday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday-Saturday; closed Sunday and Tuesday
- Holiday Closures: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Adult (18-61), $5.00
- Senior (62+), $4.00
- Student (6-18 with ID card), $1.00
- Child (under 6), Free
- Centenarians, Free
- Phone: (503) 623-6251
- Email: PCHSOregon@gmail.com
- Mailing Address: P. O. Box 67, Monmouth OR 97361
Support us and join today!
MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS ADVANTAGES! Support us by becoming a member!